Sunday, October 28, 2018

 
   Our Mighty Fortress  

Here are words of hope from Scripture. These words predate the coming of Christ, but they still apply for Christian eyes. 


In you, O Lord, I have taken refuge.
Rescue me and deliver me in your righteousness.
Be my rock of refuge,
for you are my rock and my fortress.

Deliver me, O my God, from the hand of the wicked,
from the grasp of evil and cruel men.

I will ever praise you.
For my enemies speak against me;
those who wait to kill me conspire together. 
They say, "God has forsaken him;
pursue him and seize him, for no one will rescue him.

I will always have hope;
I will praise you more and more.
My mouth will tell of your righteousness,
of your salvation all day long, though I know not its measure.

My lips will shout for joy when I sing praise to you - 
I, whom you have redeemed.

My tongue will tell of your righteous acts all day long,
for those who wanted to harm me
have been put to shame and confusion.

Selected verses, Psalm 71
NIV


No comments:

Post a Comment