Monday, June 29, 2020

The most difficult of the Lord's teaching:
     
  Was Jesus Serious?  
final in this series
    
I tell you, whatever you ask for in prayer,
believe that you have received it, and it will be yours 

   So, you have a mountain to move, and no one can help.

   Facing a mountain years ago, my reasonable prayers went for naught. 
When I lost the long battle, I became a ferocious lion. 

   Jesus was going to prove himself real, or this Sunday School teacher and deacon was done with faith! Weeks of floor-pounding complaints and sleepless nights only weakened my health. This lion ... now a lamb.

   I was clueless while the Lord stealthily worked me over, night after night. Somehow, 
I began begging him to cleanse me with fire of every wrong that came to mind. 
(Now we know, of course, no sin is "little" to him.) 

   A quiet Christmas week with no "merry" about it, and still, nothing resolved.

   The first Sunday evening in January, I left a worship service, still empty. 
As I opened the door of my little blue Chevy, a flood of his presence filled me. 
I drove up the highway toward my apartment ... laughing, crying and pounding the steering wheel. 

   Coworkers at the office saw a difference. After three weeks, his felt presence lifted, leaving me with a testimony: Jesus Christ is the Truth! 

   I was the mountain He wanted to move. And I still need his grace and mercy. 

Conclusion: YES
   For your pleasure:
      Genesis 50:20               Isaiah 25:1; 46:4            John 3:27; 14:13-14;
      Exodus 33:14                Joel 2:25-27                               15:5-8
      Deut. 2:7; 32:9-12        Matthew 17:20                Romans 8:13-14; 10:17;
      Psalm 23; 121; 18:30    Mark 9:23-24; 11:22-25                    12:3 
      Hebrews 4:16; 12:1-6    James 4:3; 5:16  

   "This is the assurance we have in approaching God: that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us - whatever we ask - we know that we have what we asked of him."  1 John 5:14-15  



No comments:

Post a Comment