Sunday, July 14, 2024

 What Matters Most? 

     One day there was only one boat, which the disciples took to the other side of the sea. Jesus stayed behind. The next day, the crowd also arrived at the other side, and to their surprise, Jesus was there.

     "Rabbi, when did you come here?" 

     In John chapter 6, Jesus answered: You seek me not because you saw the signs, but because you ate of the loaves and were filled. Do not labor for the food which perishes, but for the food which endures to everlasting life, which the Son of Man will give you. 

     This is the work of God that you believe in Him whom He sent. Moses did not give you the bread from heaven, but My Father gives you the true bread from heaven. For the bread of God is He who comes down from heaven and gives life to the world. 

     I am the bread of life. He who comes to me shall never hunger, and he who believes in me shall never thirst. For I have come down from heaven, not to do my own will, but the will of Him who sent me. 

     And this is the will of Him who sent me, that everyone who sees the Son and believes in Him may have everlasting life, and I will raise him up at the last day. 

     I am the bread of life. If anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread that I shall give is my flesh, which I shall give for the life of the world. 

     The Jews therefore quarreled among themselves, saying, "How can this man give us his flesh to eat?" 

 



No comments:

Post a Comment