Tuesday, March 12, 2024

Restoration of Israel

     Selected verses from Isaiah 49: 

     "This is what the Lord says: 'In the time of my favor I will answer you, and in the day of salvation I will help you.'"

     "I will keep you and will make you to be a covenant for the people, to restore the land... I will turn all my mountains into roads, and my highways will be raised up... Shout for joy, O heavens; rejoice, O earth. For the Lord comforts his people and will have compassion on his afflicted ones." 

     "But Zion said, 'The Lord has forsaken me, the Lord has forgotten me.'" 

     "I will not forget you. See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; your walls are ever before me.

Commentary: God's response gives assurance to any believer going through trying times. (1) His love is greater than natural affection. (2) His compassion will never fail, regardless. (3) The evidence is that he has engraved us on the palms of his own hands; the scars in his hands are always a reminder of his great love showered on us. 

       VV. 23-26. Kings will bow down before you... Then you will know that I am the Lord. I will contend with those who contend with you, and your children I will save. All mankind will know that I, the Lord, am your Savior, your Redeemer, the Mighty One of Jacob." 

Tomorrow: Isaiah's messianic prophecies


 

No comments:

Post a Comment