Thursday, September 30, 2021


Life Through the Son

   Jesus healed an invalid on the Sabbath.

   He had told the man to “Get up! Pick up your mat and walk.” Authorities told the man, “It is the Sabbath; the law forbids you to carry your mat.” 

   Jesus told them, “For just as the Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the Son gives life to whom he is pleased to give it. He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him.” 

   “I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed over from death to life. A time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live. For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself.” 

   “Do not be amazed at this, for a time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear his voice and come out... By myself I can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me.” 

                                             John chapter 5

Coming next week: God is all powerful. Why doesn't he use it?




No comments:

Post a Comment