Saturday, March 20, 2021

 This is what the Lord says  

-  he who formed you in the womb, and who will help you. For I will pour water on the thirsty land, and streams on the dry ground; I will pour out my Spirit on your offspring. 

   I am the first and I am the last; apart from me there is no God. Who then is like me? Let him proclaim it. 

   There is no other Rock; I know not one. 

   I have swept away your offenses like a cloud, your sins like the morning mist. Return to me, for I have redeemed you. 

   Sing for joy, O heavens, for the Lord has done this; shout aloud. 

   I am the Lord, who has made all things, who alone stretched out the heavens, who spread out the earth by myself, who foils the signs of false prophets and makes fools of diviners, who overthrows the learning of the  wise, and turns it into nonsense. 

-  who says of Cyrus, 'He is my shepherd and will accomplish all that I please; he will say of Jerusalem, 'Let it be rebuilt,' and of the temple, 'Let its foundations be laid.' 


Selected verses from Isaiah, chapter 44

This prophecy about future Persian king Cyrus was fulfilled 150 years later

  

No comments:

Post a Comment