Friday, April 12, 2024

Astounding Mercy

     "I believe 'the fear of God...constrains adoration and love. It is the fear which consists in awe, reverence, honor and worship, and all of these on the highest level of exercise. It is the transcendent majesty and holiness of God.'" - theologian John Murray

     "When we truly fear God, our fear of other things and other people begins to wane." - Pastor David Jeremiah. 

     When other fears take precedence over God, that is when we get into trouble. 

     To Isaiah (57:11), God said, Of whom have you been afraid, or feared, that you have lied and not remembered Me. Nor taken it to your heart? Is it not because I have held My peace from of old that you do not fear Me? 

     "It is easy to lose the wonder. The spirit of the age is against us. The love of many waxes cold. We do not exult in the wonderful news that Christ died and rose again." - Vance Havner 

Learning to Fear 

     God instructs Moses: Gather the people to Me and I will let them hear My words, that they may learn to fear me...and that they may teach their children (Deuteronomy 4:10). 

     "Come, you children, listen to me; I will teach you the fear of the Lord" (David. Psalm 34:11). Teach me your way, O Lord; I will walk in your truth. Unite my heart to fear your name" (David. Psalm 86:11).

     "The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom..." (Psalm 111:10).

Tomorrow: conclusion


No comments:

Post a Comment