Monday, October 16, 2023

Comments from Israel

     "O Lord, how many are my foes! How many rise up against me!" 

     "I will not fear the tens of thousands drawn up against me on every side." 

     "Not a word from their mouth can be trusted; their heart is filled with destruction. Their throat is an open grave; with their tongue they speak deceit."

     "All my enemies will be ashamed and dismayed; they will turn back in sudden disgrace." 

     "O Lord my God, I take refuge in you; save and deliver me from all who pursue me, or they will tear me like a lion and rip me to pieces with no one to rescue me." 

     "Arise O Lord, in your anger; rise up against the rage of my enemies."

     "O righteous God, who searches minds and hearts, bring to an end the violence of the wicked and make the righteous secure." 

Oh. Did we forget to attribute these quotes 

to David in Israel, many centuries ago?

Commentary: The psalms of lament are calls on God, descriptions of the believer's trouble or injustice, a plea for help. The large number of laments in the Bible indicates that God wants his people to call on him in times of need and troubles. So, Hamas' deceit and terror isn't original, is it? We Americans might want to get our own laments ready. 

Next: Today's enemies - copycats of those in David's time. 

          Jimmy


 



No comments:

Post a Comment