Saturday, September 7, 2024

John chapter 12 

     Jesus said...

v. 25  He who loves his life will lose it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it for eternal life. 

The attitude that values heavenly interests far above those of this world.

v. 26  If anyone serves me, let him follow me; and where I am, there my servant will be also. If anyone serves me, him my Father will honor.  

v. 31  Now is the judgment of this world; now the ruler of this world will be cast out. 

Jesus began Satan's defeat on the cross. Finally, the lake of burning sulfur.

v. 32  ...if I am lifted up from the earth, I will draw all peoples to myself. 

Grace is offered to all. Not all will receive it, by their own actions and decisions. 

v. 36  ...believe in the light, that you may become sons of light. 

v. 43  ...for they loved the praise of men more than the praise of God. 

Many seek the favor of others. The victory over this error is faith. 

v. 44  He who believes in me, believes ... in Him who sent me. 

v. 46  I have come as a light into the world, that whoever believes in me should not abide in darkness. 

v. 49  I have not spoken on my own authority, but the Father who sent me gave me a command, what I should speak. 

💓

No comments:

Post a Comment