Monday, September 9, 2024

Countering anti-Semitism  

  Part 1

     Aaron Abramson, CEO of Jews for Jesus, is the first Israeli to lead the 51-year-old outreach organization. Born in Detroit, he moved to Israel at age 15 and received an Orthodox Jewish education. 

     He began a spiritual search that led him to faith in Jesus as the Messiah. Now he leads a ministry that works in 11 countries seeking to reach Jews with the love of Christ. 

by Lindsay Mast, WORLD magazine

I've heard American Jews say that they feel their sense of security was swept from them after Oct. 7.

     "Jewish people represent a very small percentage of the population, and yet they're the focus of the news. I'm aware, as a believer in Jesus, that there's a diabolical side to this. My family left Europe to come to the United States because it's been relatively a safe haven for Jewish people. Today, we're seeing the U.S. has become rather scary for some Jewish people. We're encouraging Christians to reach out to their Jewish friends."

Your father was Jewish, but your mother had a Catholic background.

     "I had a bar mitzvah. When I was around 12 or 13, my parents also started to explore this Jesus piece, and I didn't know what to think. My mom converted to Judaism, and my family moved to Israel. I attended an Orthodox Jewish seminary, a yeshiva, and lived in an Orthodox Jewish environment. Meanwhile, I was asking, "Is this who God is and what God has for me?" 

Next: three years in military, then...



No comments:

Post a Comment