Tuesday, May 18, 2021

 Who Was Watching? 

   What were my school mates seeing? Why didn't my teachers see something?

   There I was in elementary school, curling my fingers into a "telescope" to help me read a word or two, with one eye, on the blackboard way across the room. Pretty ingenious? Not that I really wanted to learn all that much. 

   Later, now a 5th grader, I went with Dad to Youngstown to see an exhibition basketball game. I kept asking him the score, until he tired of answering. "Can't you see the scoreboard?" he snapped.

   Next stop: An optometrist, and soon I became known as "four eyes."   

Growing Up, #7

   Many years and new glasses later, I went through a string of double-vision corrections. Then I had an operation to straighten my right eye - wonderful! - only to have it begin turning again. This is the eye that scanned the blackboard in school. So I have correction again, and I need more correction ... again. 

   Someday I'll have to turn the wheel over to someone else. I've already practiced, turning my life over to Someone else.  

Psalm 121:7-8  The Lord ... will watch over your life; the Lord will watch over your coming and going both now and forevermore. 

   Isn't it awesome how He can see clearly, even into the innermost part of our hearts? 

           Jimmy

   

No comments:

Post a Comment