Friday, January 3, 2020


Surely God is With You    
 
The Lord himself speaks through a prophet:

I am the Lord, and there is no other; apart from me there is no God. 
I form the light and create darkness.
I bring prosperity and create disaster. 
I, the Lord, do all these things.

Woe to him who quarrels with his Maker.
Does the clay say to the potter, 'What are you making?'

Concerning things to come, do you question me
about my children or give me orders about the work of my hands?

It is I who made the earth and created mankind upon it.
My own hands stretched out the heavens;
I marshaled their starry hosts.

Surely God is with you, and there is no other;
there is no other god.

I am the Lord and there is no other.
I have not spoken in secret. 
I the Lord speak the truth; I declare what is right.

And there is no God apart from me,
a righteous God and a Savior; there is none but me. 

Turn to me and be saved, all you ends of the earth,
for I am God and there is no other.

Before me every knee will bow;
by me every tongue will swear.

They will say of me, 'In the Lord alone are righteousness and strength.'

Above verses are from Isaiah chapter 45.
He was the most literary and influential of Old Testament prophets.
He ministered to four kings. (Jewish tradition - he was sawed in half by the son of King Hezekiah and future king Manasseh in 680 B.C.) 
God, through the prophet, prophesied the fall of Babylon and urged the young generation of captives (who would later return to Jerusalem) to succeed where their elders failed. 

        Jimmy





No comments:

Post a Comment