Tuesday, June 4, 2024

Frustrating the Lawyers 

Part 2

     Lawyers can be frustrated with pro-life clients who willingly undergo arrest and cause enormous time and resources to defend them in cases that are almost impossible to win. But convictions matter. Pro-lifers believe they're doing right, and willingly pay the price.

     Heather Idoni once was detained immediately. Her response, "Well, I guess my prison ministry started early." Wanting to make an example to deter other pro-lifers, jailers did not allow in-person visits. 

     She said, "I can't ask for joy and no pain. I'm offering up to share the Lord's sufferings. Whatever the Lord has for me, it's to His honor and glory. And I'm good with it." 

     What did the jailer have for her? Solitary confinement because she was sharing food with other inmates. 

     Last September it was reported that Donald Trump promised to pardon or commute the sentences of "every political prisoner who's been unjustly persecuted by the Biden Administration." That may be a political line, and it may happen if he is elected, recalling how he kept other promises in 2017. That won't stop abortions, however.

     Idoni's son, Carman said, "Obviously, our true hope is in Jesus, so I know not to put too much hope in humans." Other family members say they don't regret her decision to block abortion facility doors. She told her husband Jim to read Ephesians 6:19-20.

"Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, for which I am an ambassador in chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should."

Next: America's finest hour


No comments:

Post a Comment