Thursday, December 14, 2023

See yesterday's forward

He Begins to Teach  

  John chapter 5

     Notice how Jesus deflects all honor to the Father.

     I tell you the truth, the (Incarnation) can do nothing by himself; he can only do what he sees his Father doing... The Father raises the dead and gives them life, even so the (Incarnation) gives life...

     The Father judges no one but has entrusted all judgment to the (Incarnation) ... that they all may honor the (Incarnation) just as they honor the Father. He who does not honor the (Incarnation) does not honor the Father, who sent him.

     I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned; he has crossed from death to life. ...the time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the (Incarnation) and those who hear will live. 

     For as the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the (Incarnation) to have life in himself.   

     Do not be amazed at this... By myself I (the Incarnation) can do nothing; I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I (the Incarnation) seek not to please myself but him who sent me. 

     If I testify about myself, my testimony is not valid. John...testified to the truth. Not that I accept human testimony; but I mention it that you may be saved.

     I have testimony weightier than that of John. 

What is it? Tomorrow


  

No comments:

Post a Comment