Sunday, December 17, 2023

Continued 

Son of Man 

     John chapter 5 continues. Beginning in verse 26 we see that Jesus' own nature as the incarnate One, makes him not only Son of God, but Son of Man.

     The Father granted the Son to have the same life, and authority to judge because he is the Son of Man. 

     More astounding words: ...all who are in their graves will hear his voice - those who have done good will rise to live, and those who have done evil will rise to be condemned. 

     Jesus told the Pharisees, "...men will have to give an account on the day of judgment... For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned" Matthew 12:36-37.

     Again, in John 5, Jesus credits the Father entirely. By myself I can do nothing. He inherited his Father's nature. The deal heaven offers is that we have life only as we have fellowship with the risen Christ, him living in us through a faith relationship. 

     "I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me" Galatians 2:20

 Next: Final commentary

     


No comments:

Post a Comment