Monday, December 18, 2023

Proper Motivation

     Finally, in John 5:44-45, to those accustomed to praising each other: How can you believe if you accept praise from one another, yet make no effort to obtain the praise that comes from the only God? 

     Jesus said he wouldn't accuse them before the Father. 

     Your accuser is Moses, on whom your hopes are set. If you believed Moses, you would believe me, for he wrote about me." See Genesis 3:15

     Jesus also believed Moses wrote the Pentateuch. 

     Our commentary for all of us: "If one doesn't believe in the inspiration and truthfulness of Old Testament writings, he or she will not believe or submit to the authority of Jesus' words and New Testament writings that bear witness to him. 

     Paul in trial before Felix: "I admit that I worship the God of our fathers as a follower of the Way, which they call a sect. I believe everything that agrees with the Law and that is written in the Prophets, and I have the same hope in God as these men, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked. So, I strive always to keep my conscience clear before God and man" Acts 24:14-16. 

💗

  Friends, readers, we trust you benefited from this series on the Incarnation.                To print the series for ongoing reminders, the first blog was dated December 13. Footnote: Jesus was conceived by the Holy Spirit, who enabled virgin Mary to give birth to the baby. This must be the only incarnation that ever appeared as a newborn baby...the story of Christmas.  


  



No comments:

Post a Comment