Monday, July 2, 2018

   But My Word   
   Week 5   

What to Do With It?      

Hear the Word
   Hear the word of the Lord, you rulers of Sodom... (Isaiah 1:10).

   Hear the word of the Lord, all you people of Judah... This is what the Lord Almighty, the God of Israel, says... (Jeremiah 7:2).

   Now the Bereans ... received the message with great eagerness and examined the Scriptures every day to see if what Paul said was true (Acts 17:11).

Understand it
   But the one who received the seed that fell on good soil is the man who hears the word and understands it. He produces a crop... (Matt. 13:23). 

Praise it
   In God, whose word I praise... in God I trust; I will not be afraid (Ps. 56:4).

   In God, whose word I praise, in the Lord, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid (Ps. 56:10). 

Love it 
   I delight in your commands because I love them (Ps. 119:47). 

   I hate double-minded men, but I love your law (Ps. 119:113). 

Let it be joy  
   I delight in your decrees (Ps. 119:16).


Wednesday: continuation, our response to the word 

DEFINITIONS based on usage in the Bible:
   Law - General term for God's revealed will
   Command/decree - Authoritative guidance 
   Statute - God's testimony of his character and will
   Precept - Rule for righteous living 
   Ordinance - Law of social life, leading to justice and righteousness




No comments:

Post a Comment