Friday, June 22, 2018

  But My Word  
   Week 3   
The Word is a Person

   We've spent three weeks thinking about communications from God's realm to ours. When there was only God and Adam, He spoke directly, and through nature.

   Eventually, He parted the sea, produced a spectacular show on Mount Sinai, displayed his glory, and later spoke through the prophets. 

   The prophet Isaiah wrote for God: ...so is my word that goes out from my mouth; it will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire...

   The law was given through Moses (John 1:17), but where was grace and truth?

   Communications involve sight (writings, etc.), sound, taste, touch and smell. When it was time, the Word became personal. God showed himself to be the Word, just as He is the way, the truth and the life. 

   As John wrote, In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God and the Word was God. The Lord gives us created necessities such as food and water. 

   In matters of the heart, He offers himself. 

   Prophets wrote: This is what the Lord says... And priests added rules.

   Jesus said, But I tell you the truth, over and over again, especially in the Sermon on the Mount and in John 5:24: 

   I tell you the truth, whoever hears my word and believes him who sent me has eternal life and will not be condemned. There it is: grace and truth.

   There's more: He sent the Holy Spirit to quicken Scripture and communicate with us from within. Even at night, my heart instructs me (Ps. 16:7.) How much closer to God can we get?

Monday: Rider on the White Horse


No comments:

Post a Comment