Sunday, August 4, 2019

   We Will Rise    
   
  Today's moral sickness is nothing new.  
The prophet Micah writes in chapter 7:
  
What misery is mine! 
The godly have been swept from the land.
All men lie in wait to shed blood.
Both hands are skilled in doing evil;
the ruler demands gifts, the judge accepts bribes,
the powerful dictate what they desire - 
they all conspire together.

But as for me, I watch in hope for the Lord,
I wait for God my Savior; my God will hear me.

Do not gloat over me, my enemy!
Though I have fallen, I will rise.
Because I have sinned against him,
I will bear the Lord's wrath...until he establishes my right.
He will bring me out into the light;
I will see his righteousness. 

Jesus

   Commentary: God calls believers in Christ to live "without fault in a crooked and depraved generation, in which you shine like stars." Philippians 2:15

   Evil may increase and society disintegrate, but we can offer God's gift of salvation to all who will listen...until the day when He will set things right.

   See Micah 7:15-20. 




No comments:

Post a Comment