Tuesday, August 13, 2019

For Such a Time     
     
   If an angel appeared and permitted us just one more blog, this might be my parting gift to you. It was my time of hell on earth.  

   People I thought most needed me were beyond my reach. Many choices were on the table, but we chose to take our complaint straight to God. If he was even real...?  

   Without revealing himself, he had me confessing every sinful act or thought that came to mind, from youth onward. A month of sleepless nights went by. And another. Then the Lord somehow made these and other verses pop off the pages of Psalms, as if they were written just for me:
Psalm
How long must I wrestle with my thoughts and have sorrow in my heart?
13:2
The cords of death entangled me; the torrents of destruction overwhelmed me.
18:4
Hear my prayer, O Lord; let my cry for help come to you.
102:1
He will call upon me, and I will answer him; I will be with him in trouble.
91:15
In my distress I called to the Lord. From his temple he heard my cry.
40:1-4
   One evening, without advance notice or human counselors, he flooded my soul with warmth and joy. For three weeks. We gladly would have traded the rest of our life for five more minutes of his Spirit's wonderful presence.

It was good for me to be afflicted so that I might learn your decrees.
119:71
When I said, "My foot is slipping," your love, O Lord, supported me.
94:18
I will exalt you, O Lord, for you lifted me out of the depths.
30:1
You turned my wailing into dancing; you clothed me with joy.
30:11
   My license plate holder says, Jesus Is Lord.        He is absolute Truth! 

       Love, 
          Jimmy



No comments:

Post a Comment