Friday, May 27, 2022

   Coming Soon: the Counselor

     Jesus knows his time in the flesh is a matter of hours. He has much to share with his disciples at supper. - John chapters 13-17

     What is he about to reveal will concern believers' relationship with the Father from the day of Pentecost until the end of time. 

     If you love me, you will obey what I command. And I will ask the Father, and he will give you another counselor, to be with you forever...the Spirit of truth. The world cannot accept him because it neither sees him nor knows him.

      But you know him, for he lives with you and will be in you. I will not leave you as orphans. On that day you will realize that I am in my Father, and you are in me, and I am in you. 

     The Counselor, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in my name, will teach you all things, and will remind you of everything I have said to you. 

     If the world hates you, keep in mind that it hated me first. You do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you. 

     Now I am going to him who sent me. It is for your good that I am going away. Unless I go away, the Counselor will not come to you. 

     When the Spirit of Truth comes, he will guide you into all truth. He will not speak on his own; he will speak only what he hears, and he will tell you what is yet to come. 

     I have told you these things so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. 

Monday: cancel culture strikes






No comments:

Post a Comment