Wednesday, May 25, 2022

A Mere Man? 

     During the Feast of Dedication, Jesus is walking in Solomon's Colonnade. The Jews surround him, asking, "How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly." - John 10:24

     Jesus answers, I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me.

     After an extended explanation, Jesus claims, I and the Father are one. Again, the Jews pick up stones. 

     Jesus wants to know which of the "great miracles from the Father" cause them to want to stone him. We're not stoning you for any of these...but for blasphemy, because you, a mere man, claim to be God.     - v.33 

He performs many miracles. But he is a "mere man."

     Jesus again refers to Scripture, and asks them to believe the miracles, to know and understand. Their response is to seize him, but he escapes. 

Tomorrow: The Last Straw

















No comments:

Post a Comment