Monday, May 23, 2022

Bring Your Husband   

     Jesus and his disciples were passing through Samaria. They stopped in Sychar, where Jesus sat down by Jacob's well. When a Samaritan woman came to draw water, Jesus asked her for a drink.

     She said, "You are a Jew and I am a Samaritan. How can you ask me for a drink? 

     Jesus said, in effect, "If you knew who I am, you would have asked and I would have given you living water." 

     She responded, "Where can you get living water? Are you greater than our father Jacob?" He answered: Everyone who drinks this water will be thirsty again, but whoever drinks the water I give him will never thirst. - John 4:13

     Then Jesus said, Go, call your husband and come back. 

     "I have no husband," she replied. You are right, he said. The fact is, you have had five husbands, and the man you now have is not your husband. 

     "Sir," the woman said, "I can see that you are a prophet. Our fathers worshiped on this mountain, but you Jews claim that the place where we must worship is in Jerusalem." 

A Time Is Coming

     Jesus: You Samaritans worship what you do not know; we worship what we do know, for salvation is from the Jews. Yet a time is coming and has now come when true worshipers will worship the Father in sprit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks. God is spirit, and his worshippers must worship in spirit and in truth.

     Woman: "I know that the Messiah is coming. When he comes, he will explain everything to us." 

     Jesus: I who speak to you am he. 

     She left her water jar and rushed into town. Jesus stayed for two days, and many Samaritans believed that this man, "really is the Savior of the world." 

Tomorrow: He violates customs




No comments:

Post a Comment