Friday, July 15, 2022

Hours to Live  

     Soon to be arrested, Jesus taught his disciples: I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. From now on you do know him and have seen him. Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father. - John 14:6-7, 9 

     As the Father has loved me, so I have loved you. Now remain in my love. If you obey my commands, you will remain in my love, just as I have obeyed my Father's commands and remain in his love. 

     I have called you friends, for everything I learned from my Father I have made known to you. I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit. - John 15:15-16

     Jesus concluded: I am returning to my Father and your Father, to my God and your God. - John 20:17 

     His disciples didn't comprehend all this until Jesus appeared to them after his resurrection, and further, after the Holy Spirit came upon them on the day of Pentecost. 

~ ~ ~

     One Pharisee in particular, Saul, a persecutor of Christians, became a believer when the risen Jesus spoke to him outright. He blinded Saul for three days, then healed him, and commissioned him to deliver the truth to the world. 

     Renamed Paul later wrote to the Philippians, "Therefore, God exalted him to the highest place and gave him a name that is above every name ... and every tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord, to the glory of God the Father."   - Philippians 2:9, 11 

     Some 50 years after the Lord ascended, John the disciple wrote to believers: "Our fellowship is with the Father and with his Son Jesus Christ. - 1 John 1:3. Do not love the world or anything in the world. If anyone loves the world (cravings, lust, boasting, etc.) the love of the Father is not in him." - v. 2:15

Saturday conclusion: Promises for all





No comments:

Post a Comment