Thursday, July 14, 2022

Different Conclusions  

     He who does not honor the Son does not honor the Father, who sent him, Jesus said. As the Father has life in himself, so he has granted the Son to have life in himself. By myself I can do nothing. I judge only as I hear, and my judgment is just, for I seek not to please myself but him who sent me. - John chapter 5

     On another occasion, the Jews told Jesus, "Abraham is our father," and "The only Father we have is God himself."  - John 8:41

     A hint of what is to come: Jesus said, The reason my Father loves me is that I lay down my life - only to take it up again. I have authority to lay it down and authority to take it up again. This command I received from my Father. - John 10:17

     "At this, the Jews were again divided. Many said, 'He is demon-possessed and raving mad. Why listen to him?' But others said, "These are not the sayings of a man possessed by a demon. Can a demon open the eyes of the blind?" 

     That winter at the Feast of Dedication in Jerusalem, "the Jews gathered around him, saying, 'How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ, tell us plainly." 

     He answered, I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father's name speak for me...but you do not believe...

     Again, the Jews picked up stones to stone him. Then he raised the temperature: I and the Father are one. - John 10:30. Believe the miracles, that you may understand that the Father is in me, and I in the Father.

     They tried to seize him, but he escaped their grasp. 

Tomorrow: To his disciples







No comments:

Post a Comment