Tuesday, January 30, 2018


   The Walking Dead   
Let's talk.

   Many years ago in Toledo, we stood at an exit, watching a couple hundred people file out of the building. None of them smiled, spoke, or even noticed me. They were somber.

   Later, similar scenes occurred in other communities. 
   Of course, when a funeral is over, we might expect unhappiness.  😒

   Sadly, these were not funerals. The walking dead were leaving their worship services. Sadly, we have seen ourselves in their midst. 

   Happily, there is a higher way.  😇

   Our Lord says little or nothing about order of worship, programs, traditions, rituals, committees, architecture or sectarian divisions. Whatever their purpose, they don't produce joy. Or life. 

   What we find instead are people saying, I stay close to you; your right hand upholds me.

   My soul pants for God, for the living God.

   I consider everything a loss compared to the surpassing greatness of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake...   I   have   lost    all   things. 

   Now, this is eternal life, that they may know you, the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom you have sent. 

   Well, we're at the end of the page. Back tomorrow. Don't be late.


No comments:

Post a Comment