Wednesday, January 17, 2024


we invite God to the blog

Come all you who are thirsty... 

     Isaiah 55: God invites Israelites to return to him... promises salvation to those with spiritual hunger and thirst for forgiveness and a right relationship with God, based on the sacrificial death of the (Servant-Lord > Isaiah 52).

Seek the Lord... 

     while (in captivity) there is still the promise. ((Jeremiah 29:13-14). A day is coming when he will refuse to be found.   

See, I have made him a witness...

     You (missionaries) will summon the nations...that do not know you, they will hasten to you, because of the Lord our God, the Holy One of Israel...

Seek the Lord while he may be found...

     Let the wicked forsake his way and the evil man his thoughts... (warning: Hebrews 3:7-11)

My thoughts are not your thoughts... 

     Human minds and hearts seek him...our thoughts and ways begin to conform to him.

As the rain waters the earth...

     so is my word that goes out...it will accomplish what I desire...

As the heavens are higher than the earth...

     so are my ways higher than your ways... 

So is my word that goes out from my mouth...

     it will not return to me empty, for I will accomplish what I desire...

This will be for the Lord's renown...

     for an everlasting sign, which will not be destroyed. 


     

No comments:

Post a Comment