Friday, January 5, 2024


Broken City & False Gods 

Column by Lynn Vincent, praying for our nation today, and trusting in God for tomorrow. 

     "Seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in its welfare you will find your welfare" (Jeremiah 29:7).

     "Pray for Babylon?" the Israelites must have thought. "Pray for our captors? For this broken city with its pantheon of false gods?"   

      "I confess, I don't pray very often for my own broken city, or for America herself. If Scripture is our guide - it is - it seems America may already be under judgment. Might God send us a Cyrus?"

      "The Cyruses of history, along with God's penchant for worthy reversals of fortune, give me hope that evil and unrest are signs that history is unfolding exactly as it should."

     "Scripture says it has to be this way. Things have to get worse before Christ returns. To see the Scriptures being fulfilled in my lifetime builds my faith."

Tomorrow: Lynn's conclusion 



     

No comments:

Post a Comment