Monday, August 2, 2021

Let's Talk   

   How many relationships fall short because we don't talk, or one person communicates while the other(s) "let it go in one ear and out the other," as Mom used to say? 

   Possibilities are lost when parent and child fail to talk constructively. Or husband and wife, and others associated in important ways can't relate. 

   Before Mrs. Donut became Mrs. - I told her if we can just talk, be open, everything will work out. She agreed. 

   Of course, people must share convictions and priorities, or agreement will be an uphill proposition. 

Heaven Calling Earth!

   God more than anyone wants a relationship with us. He loves to talk. But we have to talk (pray) too, in confidence. 

   In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 

   Jesus said, My word will never pass away. If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish... I am the Good Shepherd. I lay down my life for the sheep. My sheep listen to my voice; I know them and they follow me.

   In New Testament letters, the Word of God is the sword of the Spirit...the word of life...living and active. People in relationship with Jesus are called to let the word of Christ dwell in you richly...do what it says. 

Uttermost Love     

   Jesus loves us thoroughly; he died for us. He said, if we don't love him more than our mothers, fathers, sons and daughters, we are not worthy of him. Matthew chap. 10.

   He gives believers the same Spirit that descended on him and later, his disciples. We looked up more than 30 ways the Spirit works on our behalf.   

   If we don't listen to his voice now, we will hear it later: A time is coming when all who are in their graves will hear (my) voice. John 5:28.

                           I need these reminders as much as anyone.     Jimmy

  

No comments:

Post a Comment