Wednesday, August 4, 2021

 Earth Calling Heaven   

   Monday we wrote of the importance of interpersonal communication, and how God has communicated from his realm to mankind on earth, for centuries. 

   Today, let's talk about communicating from our realm to his. 

   Jesus gave his disciples a model prayer (in Matthew 6:9-13). If I recited this prayer with the congregation every Sunday from age 10 to 30, it would total more than one-thousand times. 

   His prayer is exceptional, as are the Ten Commandments and the Apostle's Creed, which we also recited endlessly. Stop! 

   By age 30 I was walking no closer to God; in fact I was backsliding. Blame me. 

   I didn't know what "hallowed" really meant, nor did I question the meaning of "your kingdom" or "daily bread." If you've followed Views for years you know my story, how I lost a battle but connected with the Lord, and He with me. 

   Prayer begins by addressing our Father in heaven, who loves us and through Christ desires our fellowship. He created us. Prayer is concerned with your kingdom on earth; not just his ultimate kingdom but his spiritual presence, gifts and the war against Satan...today!  

   We pray your will be done with specific purposes in mind for our lives, families and the Spirit's leading. Daily bread is our more immediate needs, which God knows better than we do. 

   As we quoted recently, we must forgive in order to be forgiven.  

   We also pray for deliverance from the evil one, for we the believers are his hated targets. 

   Synonyms for hallowed include holy, sacred, blessed, revered, reverenced, honored, worshipped and divine.

Hallowed be his name.

                  Jimmy


No comments:

Post a Comment