Tuesday, February 27, 2018


   Your's truly - a slow learner. We spent our formative years attending Sunday school and church, while supposing God is up there somewhere, far far away.   
😕

  Our Pursuit of His Presence  

   We'll take the rap for our ignorance. Our first love was sports and other games. 
But it might have helped if someone had led me to David's Psalm 139:7-10: 

   If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there. If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me...

   Or David's son, Solomon: 

   The heavens, even the highest heaven cannot contain you. How much less this temple I have built! 1 Kings 8:27

   Jacob may have been a slow learner, until finally understanding, Surely the Lord is in this place. God had told him, I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go. Genesis 28:15-16 

   Taught by the Spirit, Paul wrote: 

   God made every nation of men...so that men would seek him and perhaps reach out for him and find him, though He is not far from each one of us. 
For in him we live and move and have our being. We are his offspring. Acts 17:27-28 

   Now that Jesus has taken our punishment and has blessed us in the heavenly realms with every spiritual blessing in Christ ... Ephesians 1:3 ... and sent the Spirit to impart life to us, who would dare say that God is far, far away? 

   For Christ did not enter a man made sanctuary that was only a copy of the true one; He entered heaven itself, now to appear for us in God's presence. Hebrews 9:24 






No comments:

Post a Comment