Monday, February 26, 2018


I come to the garden alone,  
While the dew is still on the roses,  
And the voice I hear falling on my ear,  
The Son of God discloses.  
                                            ___________Our Pursuit of His Presence  
And He walks with me and He talks with me,
And He tells me I am his own;
And the joy we share as we tarry there,
None other has ever known.

   This is the first verse and refrain from In The Garden, the favorite hymn of my wife's father. Will the Lord walk with you? In your garden? 

   Adam and his wife in their garden heard God ask, 
"Where are you?" "What is this you have done?"      ...and they were afraid.

   In another garden, Mary of Magdala stood crying outside an empty tomb. She saw a man, thinking he was the gardener. "Sir," she said, "if you have carried him away, tell me where you have put him and I will get him."

   Jesus said, "Mary."

   "Teacher!" she cried out. Mary instantly knew the joyous, miraculous truth. And today, we know the truth, that Adam's fall has been atoned. The Lord invites us to believe and to fellowship with him, in our quiet place. 

   That final, frightful night, Jesus told his disciples, He who loves me will be loved by my Father, and I too will love him and show myself to him. John 14:21

   On Pentecost, Peter quoted David (Ps. 16) who wrote on behalf of the Messiah, you (the Father) will fill me with joy in your presence. Peter also quoted Joel 3, that the Spirit would be poured out, making his presence knowable to all believers. 


No comments:

Post a Comment