Tuesday, September 22, 2026

   Priest and prophet Zechariah, 520-470 B.C., receiving God's plan for Zion and Jerusalem 

The Lord Almighty says:

     "I am burning with jealously for Zion     

     "I will return to Zion and dwell in Jerusalem (the city of truth, Holy Mountain) 

     "Men and women of ripe old age will sit on the streets of Jerusalem. Streets will be filled with boys and girls playing there 

     "It may seem marvelous to the remnant of this people at that time 

     "I will save my people from the countries of the East and West. I will bring them back to live in Jerusalem 

     "You who hear these words spoken by the prophets who were there when the foundation was laid for the house of the Lord Almighty; let your hands be strong so that the temple may be built

     "Just as I had determined to bring disaster upon you and showed no pity...so now I have determined to do good again to Jerusalem and Judah 

     "The fasts of the fourth, fifth, seventh and tenth months will become joyful and glad occasions and happy festivals for Judah. Therefore, love truth and peace

     "Many people and the inhabitants of many cities will yet come. Many people and powerful nations will come to Jerusalem to seek the Lord Almighty 

     "In those days, ten men from all languages and nations will take firm the hold of one Jew and say, 'Let us go with you, because we have heard that God is with you." 

                                                          *

     Zechariah chapter 8. The key to Israel's restoration is Christ's return in glory and begins his earthly reign over all the nations. It's called the millennium - a thousand years. Jerusalem will be a city of truth and faithfulness. The mountains of the Lord will be holy. (They will be rearranged.)  

     Much will happen before Christ returns - a world hatred of Israel - but we're getting closer. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment